These are my advancements made on my final assignment

I have now been able to create one “infected” bubble as the first instance of the index, and whenever that bubble overlaps with another it “infects” it, changing the color to white. Now these two bubbles can each individually infect the other bubbles, until eventually all bubbles are infected.

The rate of infection is now way slower, sometimes taking more than 30 seconds for all bubbles to be infected. The plan now is to have a “curing” bubble that reverts bubbles back to uninfected when touched, but the “cure” will not be contagious, and should just cure bubbles until they are inevitably infected again.


This is my attempt at adding a class to my game from the previous assignment.

I wanted to make it so the chips would pop up on the actual cookie every time you reached a certain number of clicks. I was not able to fully figure out how to get the chips to be stable, so they fly around the screen as you play, which I don’t think is so bad and actually is kind of cool, still reflecting your score in a way.


For this assignment I wanted to implement a few rules. The rules are

  • Circles (bubbles)
  • Wiggle
  • Infection

The bubbles spawn at random across the screen. The number is adjustable but for this sketch I decided 50 would work properly. The background is gone so the bubbles wiggle at random…


For this assignment I made my own version of a game called cookie clicker.

I created a function that would add to the overall score every time the mouse was clicked. I restricted the function to only happen when the mouse was clicked over the cookie. I really tried to add other elements to the game, but failed.

These are 3 cookies I used to help design my cookie.


For this assignment I chose to recreate this work by Tim Szetela

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK-deO8Dub5/

This is my recreation

First, I had to figure out how to line up the rounded squares with the translate / rotate functions, before I even figure out the rates. I had to play with the size difference between them, finally landing on a difference of 5 for each layer. Then I had to figure out the rate at which they were spinning, which ended up being a difference of about .5. I am happy with the results, and created 2 other variations.

This variation is just way faster. creating a different effect.

This one is red, and moves in reverse at the same rate.

I am happy with this assignment, I like the results and figured out a few new functions to use in the future!


Assignment 3 required processing with interaction and motion.

I originally created a bunch of circles that moved at different rates across the screen. They interacted with mouse coordinates. I decided I wanted trails. After trying and failing, I still ended up with this trail effect. I want to control the trails but don’t know how they’re being created!

Here are some little sketches I was able to make with it.


Owen Miller

Recreation of Ryan Carl’s work

For this assignment, I chose to try to replicate Ryan Carl’s work as accurately as I could using processing. Ryan Carl is an artist I have been following on instagram for a while, and I chose his work because I thought it could…


This was the first assignment for class. I decided on creating a circle because that was required by the assignment :)

Owen Miller

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store